In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/MyCourses pages the primary source of information.
- formation of cities
- urban labor markets and urban structure
- land prices
- urban policies
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Schedule: can be found in Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in MyCourses
- To be able to access the course workspace you must have registered for the course successfully in Aalto’s Sisu
- Log in with your Aalto username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
Please register for the course in the Aalto Sisu with your Aalto username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
After the course, the student understands the main economic forces that lead to the existence of cities. The student is familiar with the theories related to the emergence of cities and their role on agglomeration, productivity, urban amenities, and congestion. The student is familiar with key/main models of urban economics and understands the determinants of urban land values, and how land values vary within and between cities. The student is familiar with methodologies to evaluate urban characteristics, and the challenges of these methodologies. The student is familiar with the role and challenges related to housing and urban policies.