In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/Courses/Moodle pages the primary source of information.
This course introduces master’s students to the research literature in the political economy of development. The course aims to familiarise the student with central research topics in the field and introduce methodological tools used in the literature.
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Schedule: can be found in Course Page and Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in Moodle
- A link and a Moodle course key will be sent by email before the course starts and/or they will be provided on the Courses page: you can view the information on this site without logging in or registering, but some of the content added by teachers to course pages may be available to course participants only, for example Moodle course enrolment key.
- Log in with your UH username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
Please register for the course in the UH Sisu with your UH username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
After the course, the student should:
- Be able to solve typical models of political economics.
- Understand empirical methods in the study of the political economy of development
- Have a better understanding of political economy reasons for economic underdevelopment