In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/Courses/Moodle pages the primary source of information.
The course provides a cohesive picture of the core concepts and technical tools of classical microeconomics, in particular decision theory and the notion of a price mechanism. Emphasis will be on the implications and applications of the theory. Attention will be paid to the welfare consequences of rational choice and economic equilibrium.
The areas of investigation include rational choice and its axioms, the theory of the firm, and aggregate demand and supply. The objective is to construct a notion of general economic equilibrium under which the welfare properties of the price mechanism can be evaluated.
- Schedule: can be found in Course Page and Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in Moodle
- For some courses, it is enough to register in Sisu and you can access directly the Moodle area, please note, however, that it may take up to two hours after registration to enter the Moodle area.
- Log in with your UH username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
- More tips for enrolling in Moodle can be found here
Aalto University Students
- Code: no equivalent code
- Target groups: MSc (not suitable for PhD students)
- Credit points: 5
- Credit transfer: apply for inclusion in Sisu
- Code: 26060
- can be also used to substitute the mandadatory course 26034 Applied Microeconomics, 5 cr
- Target groups: MSc
- Credit points:
- 26060: 6 cr
- 26034: 5 cr
- Credit transfer: apply for substitution in Sisu
University of Helsinki Students
Target groups: MSc (not suitable for rMSc and PhD students)
Credit points: 5
FDPE Students Students
Not suitable for PhD students
After the course, the student should:
- Be familiar with the basics of consumer and firm decision making as well as the notion of economic equilibrium
- Be able to interpret economic behaviour using the decision theoretic framework and the equilibrium machinery