In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/MyCourses pages the primary source of information.
The course covers identification based on observables, randomized control trials, difference-in-differences, instrumental variables and regression discontinuity design. The students will also use an econometric software in the analysis of data and estimations.
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Schedule: can be found in Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in MyCourses
- To be able to access the course workspace you must have registered for the course successfully in Aalto’s Sisu
- Log in with your Aalto username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
Please register for the course in the Aalto Sisu with your Aalto username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
The students learn the most common microeconometric methods typically used in applied research. Students also learn how to analyze critically estimation strategies and how to interpret empirical results. The course is especially suitable for students who want to use econometric methods in their master s thesis.