In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/Moodle pages the primary source of information, except the exact schedule is given on UH's Courses page.
The course offers a doctoral level mathematical treatment of microeconomics of decision making and
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Streaming will be only available to the FDPE students, for more infromation please contact Jenni Rytkonen, jenni.rytkonen [at] aalto.fi
- Schedule: can be exceptionally found on the UH's Courses page even though the course is arranged by Hanken (please note that the exercise group 2 has been cancelled)
- Study materials: can be found in Moodle (to be added to the list couple of days before the course starts)
- A Moodle course key will be sent by email or it is posted as a message in Sisu couple of days before the course starts.
- Log in with your Hanken username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
- Self study material to be studied before the course starts (link to be added here later)
Please register for the course in the Hanken Sisu with your Hanken username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- write down logical and mathematical proofs of relationships between theoretical variables and constructs in decision theory and consumer theory
- distinguish between the various purposes of theoretical modeling
- apply modelling tools in the context relevant for your own research
- assess the limitations of the theory
- critically evaluate the modelling assumptions made and understand the various criteria for choosing modelling assumptions
- relate the theoretical analysis to empirical research in the field