Helsinki Graduate School of Economics is an academic initiative bringing together three Finnish universities – Aalto University, Hanken School of Economics, and University of Helsinki. We are building on and extending the cooperation between our departments and third-parties.
By joining the forces of three universities, our mission is to produce outstanding research with maximum academic and social impact – both nationally and internationally, to attract and educate the next generation of world-class economists and to offer excellent training across disciplinary borders.
Our ambition is to be consistently recognized both as one of the top institutions for research and education in Economics and as a significant force for developing society.
Helsinki GSE’s objectives are
- to develop, co-ordinate, and carry out international top class research and education in economics,
- to interact with universities, research institutes, and public and private entities engaged in research in economics both internationally and nationally, in particular by also increasing cooperation between economics and other scientific disciplines, and
- to promote the societal and global impact of research in economics.
Principles of Professional Conduct
Principles of Professional Conduct for the Helsinki GSE define how we behave in the GSE community, what we expect from others, and what kind of image we give out of the GSE. The GSE community consists of members of the GSE research teams and master and doctoral students in economics of the University of Helsinki, Aalto University and Hanken.
The Principles of Professional Conduct for the Helsinki GSE do not replace, but support, the equality guidelines of the participating units.
The following two basic principles determine how we operate at the Helsinki GSE:
- Freedom of discussion: GSE members are free to contribute to the discussion and each idea is objectively evaluated, regardless of who presents it.
- Equal opportunities: In the GSE, everyone is treated fairly, regardless of their age, gender, ethnicity or national origin.
The Equality Committee of the Helsinki GSE supports the debate on equality issues and provides relevant information. The Committee cooperates with the equality bodies of the parent universities and, if necessary, directs problematic situations to their consideration. The Committee monitors the development of equality at the Helsinki GSE and reports annually to the Board.
Cecilia Borgman, Hanken
Essi Eerola, VATT
Marja-Liisa Halko (C.), University of Helsinki
Helena Rantakaulio, Aalto University
Tuukka Saarimaa, Aalto University
Hannu Vartiainen, University of Helsinki
The priciples of professional conduct for the Helsinki GSE in full lenght:
Professor Otto Toivanen, Aalto University
otto.toivanen at aalto.fi
Deputy Academic Director:
Professor Hannu Vartiainen, University of Helsinki
hannu.vartiainen at helsinki.fi
Oskari Nokso-Koivisto, secretary of the board
jenni.rytkonen at aalto.fi
info-hgse at aalto.fi
+358 (0)50 414 0318