In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/Courses/Moodle pages the primary source of information.
This course provides an application of economic principles to the health care sector. By recognizing the importance of scarcity and incentives, this course will focus on the critical economic issues in producing, delivering, and financing health care. Topics include the demand for and supply of health, health care, and health insurance; economic phenomena that are pervasive in health care, including asymmetric information, externalities, market power, and information transparency. Special emphasis is placed on insurance design and market failures.
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Schedule: can be found in Course Page and Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in Moodle
- A link and a Moodle course key will be sent by email before the course starts and/or they will be provided on the Courses page: you can view the information on this site without logging in or registering, but some of the content added by teachers to course pages may be available to course participants only, for example Moodle course enrolment key.
- Log in with your UH username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
Please register for the course in the UH Sisu with your UH username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
After the course, the student should:
- Be familiar with topics in health care economics.
- Be able to analyze economic issues in health care markets.