In case of conflicting information consider the Sisu/MyCourses pages the primary source of information.
Common pool resource use in theory and practice; description and analysis of resource and energy commodity markets; pollution control in theory and practice, with particular emphasis on climate change, energy and environmental policy. Main empirical cases include: investments in nuclear power; emissions trading; pricing and investments in the electricity sector.
- Completion method: contact teaching
- Schedule: can be found in Sisu
- Study materials: can be found in MyCourses
- To be able to access the course workspace you must have registered for the course successfully in Aalto’s Sisu
- Log in with your Aalto username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
Please register for the course in the Aalto Sisu with your Aalto username. Further instructions (link to be added here later).
The objective is to develop understanding of the basic problems in environmental, resource and energy economics. Tools developed for analyzing market failures and instruments for solving them. Familiarize the student with the main challenges in the energy sector, including those related to the environment.