How the credits are registered?

How the credits are registered in the student’s home university’s study register

  • When the examiner has evaluated the students’ course performance, the grades are registered in the study register of the course host university (UH is already using Sisu; Aalto and Hanken have started the gradual transition from WebOodi to Sisu).
  • Please check which courses are included in your home university’s curriculum. All the PhD students are advised to contact their supervisors to be sure that the course credit can be counted toward their degree. Links to the curriculums of Master’s Programs at the Helsinki GSE member universities are listed here:
  • Helsinki GSE member university students (students at Aalto University, Hanken and University of Helsinki):
    • If your home university has launched Sisu, you must apply for the credit transfer by yourself in Sisu.
      • UH students:
        • More information on the credit transfer application in Sisu will be posted here by May 27th.
        • To be able to apply for the credit transfer you will need a transcript of records, see the instructions below.
        • Most of the courses included in the Helsinki GSE collaboration, organized by Aalto University and Hanken, can be incorporated into your degree as a substitution. A categorization (substitution/inclusion) of the courses will be added here later. Meanwhile, you can contact Helsinki GSE’s coordinator Jenni Rytkönen (
    • If your home university is still using WebOodi, the credits are transferred to the universities’ study registers by the learning services of the universities. Please note that the credit transfer may take some time (weeks) because the process is manual. If you are in a hurry (graduating or something like that), please contact Helsinki GSE’s coordinator Jenni Rytkönen ( Please note also that the credits are transferred by the administration only from the academic year 2019-2020 onwards. If you have completed courses included in the HelsinkiGSE cooperation before that and the credits have not been registered for you yet at your home university, please send your official transcript of records from Aalto/Hanken/UH to your home university, so that the credits can be transferred.
  • All the other students must ask for a transcript of records from the course host university in order to transfer the credits to their home university. The approval of the credit transfer is done according to home university’s procedures.
  • How to order a transcript of records
Helsinki GSE