Master’s and PhD degree students in Economics at Helsinki Graduate School of Economics member universities – Aalto University, University of Helsinki and Hanken School of Economics – are allowed to take master- and doctoral-level courses in Economics at the three universities mentioned before. Also FDPE PhD students and other than PhD students in Economics at Helsinki Graduate School of Economics member universities are allowed to take these courses (targeted to PhD students). The courses included in the Helsinki GSE and FDPE cooperation are listed on the Courses page.
How to enroll in the Helsinki GSE member universities’ master- and doctoral-level courses in Economics
Degree MSc/PhD students (in Economics) at the course host university can register for the course normally in the course host university’s WebOodi.
If you are not a degree MSc/PhD student at the course host university you must apply a study right for the courses:
1) If you are a degree or exchange MSc/PhD student in Economics (including AGERE master’s program student and AGFOREE doctoral program student) at Aalto University, Hanken School of Economics and University of Helsinki, please fill in
|the online form for Helsinki GSE students*|
2) All other (PhD) students, e.g. FDPE PhD students (excluding AU, UH and Hanken PhD students in Economics)**, please fill in
|the online form for FDPE students and other students*|
Please note that:
- After you have been granted the study rights and the IT-access, you must register for the course(s) in the course host university’s WebOodi.
- The study rights are not granted automatically after filling in the form: the study rights will be granted in the following week after the deadline for applications (if the application is valid).
- Helsinki GSE students: the study rights will be granted for all the courses included in the coopearation at once for two years (or the duration of the exchange period).
- FDPE students and other students: the study rights will be granted for the courses you specified in the application form for the duration of the courses.
- All students must meet the course prerequisites. The study right / access to the course may be denied if you do not meet the prerequisites or if the number of participants is exceeded.
- You are advised to apply for the study rights well in advance before the start of the period, see the table of deadlines and periods below.
- If you miss the deadline and/or the course you are willing to take has already started, please fill in and send the form asap and contact Helsinki GSE’s coordinator Jenni Rytkönen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can start the course(s) without the study rights but note that the study rights must have been granted before completing the course.
- The day after your study right has been registered you will be genereted a digital identity/IT account/IT username at the course host university and you will receive a message informing you how to activate your IT account. If you don’t receive the message fos some reason, you can try activate your IT account with these instructions:
- at the Aalto University
- at Hanken
- at the University of Helsinki (please note that if you are not a UH student, you can’t extend the validity period of your IT access in the UH intranet Flamma [as said in the message sent by UH Center for IT/Helpdesk] but by using the activation tool for new user accounts.
- You need the IT access to register for the courses (and for the exams) in the course host university’s WebOodi and to access the course host university’s teaching platforms (Moodle, Mycourses) and other IT platforms to be able to download the study material etc. For more information, please see How to find study materials?
- See also How the credits are registered?
|Course starts:||at AU||at UH||at Hanken|
|in the 1. period||28.8.2020||21.8.2020||21.8.2020|
|in the 2. period||16.10.2020||16.10.2020||16.10.2020|
|in the 3. period||1.1.2021||8.1.2021||1.1.2021|
|in the 4. period||19.2.2021||5.3.2021||1.3.2021|
|in the 5. period||9.4.2021||30.4.2021||–|
Study rights will be granted in the following week after the deadline.
*The data is required by the host university in order to create a study right and IT account, and to register the student’s course credits in the university’s data base and also to communicate with the student. The data will not be used for any other purposes.
**If you are a PhD degree student in economics at one of the FDPE member universities (other than Aalto University, Hanken School of Economics or University of Helsinki) or a PhD degree student (studying in other program or major than economics) at Aalto University, Hanken School of Economis or University of Helsinki
|Teaching period starts||at AU||at UH||at Hanken|
|Intensive period (fall) / |
Summer teaching period
|1. period (fall)||7.9.2020||31.8.2020||31.8.2020|
|2. period (fall)||26.10.2020||26.10.2020||26.10.2020|
|Intensive period (spring)||–||4.1.2021||–|
|3. period (spring)||11.1.2021||18.1.2021||18.1.2021|
|4. period (spring)||1.3.2021||15.3.2021||15.3.2021|
|Intensive period (spring) /|
Summer teaching period
|Summer courses |
are subject to