August 12, 2019
Please note that, if you happen to find conflicting information between this page and Sisu/MyCourses pages, consider the Sisu/MyCourses pages the primary source of information.
Method of completion: contact teaching (streaming will be only available to the FDPE students, for more infromation please contact Jenni Rytkonen, jenni.rytkonen [at] aalto.fi)
- Can be found on the course Sisu page
- Can be found in the MyCourses learning platform
- Log in with your Aalto username as Aalto user to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
- To be able to access the course workspace you must have registered for the course successfully in Aalto’s Sisu
- In Aalto’s Sisu with Aalto username
- To be able to register for the course in Sisu, please note that
- You must have a valid right to study at the course host university
- You have created your primary personal study plan (HOPS) based on your study right
- You have added the course for which you are registering to your HOPS
- More information can be found on the webpage How to enroll in the courses?
In the first part of the course we study the basics of general equilibrium theory (GET): modelling, the existence of equilibrium, welfare theorems. The relationship between the equilibrium and the core is highlighted via the core convergence theorem. Finally, we study how GET can handle uncertainty.
In the second part of the course we study non-strategic and non-market ways of allocating resources. These include Gale-Shapley algorithm, assignment models and frictional markets of directed search.