August 12, 2019
Please note that, if you happen to find conflicting information between this page and Courses/Sisu page, consider the Courses/Sisu page the primary source of information.
Method of completion: contact teaching
- Courses page (you can view the information on this site without logging in or registering, but some of the content added by teachers to course pages may be available to course participants only, for example Moodle course enrolment key) and/or
- Sisu page
- Can be found in the Moodle learning platform
- A link and a Moodle course key will be sent by email before the course starts and/or they will be provided on the Courses page, see above
- Log in with your UH username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
- In UH’s Sisu with your UH username
- To be able to register for the course in Sisu, please note that
- You must have a valid right to study at the course host university
- You have created your primary personal study plan (HOPS) based on your study right
- You have added the course for which you are registering to your HOPS
- More information can be found on the webpage How to enroll in the courses?
The course provides a cohesive picture of the core concepts and technical tools of classical microeconomics, in particular decision theory and the notion of a price mechanism. Emphasis will be on the implications and applications of the theory. Attention will be paid to the welfare consequences of rational choice and economic equilibrium.
The areas of investigation include rational choice and its axioms, the theory of the firm, and aggregate demand and supply. The objective is to construct a notion of general economic equilibrium under which the welfare properties of the price mechanism can be evaluated.