July 15, 2020
Please note that, if you happen to find conflicting information between this page and Sisu page, consider the Sisu page the primary source of information.
Method of completion: contact teaching
- Can be found in the Moodle learning platform
- Log in with your Hanken username to be able to use all the features of the course workspace
- Access to many Moodle courses requires an enrollment key (course password), which you can get from the teacher of the course. The key is sent to you by email or it is posted as a message in Sisu couple of days before the course starts.
- In Hanken’s Sisu with your Hanken username
- To be able to register for the course in Sisu, please note that
- You must have a valid right to study at the course host university
- You have created your primary personal study plan (HOPS) based on your study right
- You have added the course for which you are registering to your HOPS
- More information can be found on the webpage How to enroll in the courses?
This course aims to provide students with an overview of how new ventures and innovations come about, how the two are linked, as well as the strategic choices and risks that (would-be) entrepreneurs and innovators face. We also consider the financing of innovative and entrepreneurial endeavours, and the implications that entry and innovative activities have at micro- and macroeconomic level (e.g., in terms of job creation, R&D, and creative destruction).
Doctoral students can also take this course.